View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 09:05 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3515 Post(s)
Liked 2,928 Times in 1,777 Posts
The Dura Ace 25th Anniversary Rear Derailleur I got from eBay came yesterday. This is the very first bit of 25th Anniversary componentry I have seen except for photos on the Internet. Surprisingly, it looks like it's never been used. Maybe that's sort of typical for this higher-level stuff that came in its own case.

Anyway, it's in nearly mint condition, except for a tiny scuff on one of the pully side plates, which I can try polishing or replace with a mint one if I decide to. The hangar bolt looks like it was never installed into a frame. Adjuster screws don't look like they've seen a screwdriver head. Pulleys look immaculate (although I'd probably replace them with lighter alloy ones). The engineering plastic next to the upper pully has nary a scratch.

It's in far better condition than described, and for the price I paid for it. Now I'm almost hesitant to install it! But of course, it would do me no good sitting on a shelf (even though it looks amazing doing so). Talk about first-world problems!

Last edited by smd4; 06-21-22 at 09:08 AM.
Likes For smd4: