View Single Post
Old 02-08-22, 07:23 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,414 Times in 801 Posts
I have been riding slow paced, shorter rides since recovering from the flu, using my on the heavy side Schwinn SS DBX, my Poprad and a Fuji Ace that is now in the process of being refinished. All have racks, wider tires and are are set up as all road type bikes. I had not been on a couple of my faster bikes for a while. Yesterday it was my Orbea Avant. Today, I got on my Lemond Tourmalet, which I had not been ridden in a couple of months. I still stuck to a shorter ride, 17 miles or so, but I did kick up the pace, for a number of miles anyway. It really felt good to push it a bit. My legs felt strong, breathing was good and it got the heart rate up. I still felt a little tired the last few miles, but I had already had a busy day.

I have more appreciation for more casual, slower paced rides these days. But today, I found that I still get a big grin and that feeling of being kid-like when riding a bike that just makes me feel like I want, need to go fast. My two bikes that do that to me are the Tourmalet and my titanium Airborne Zeppelin. The Avant also, but it's geometry is less aggressive. That is not to say I don't like to go fast on my other bikes. But the Tourmalet and Zeppelin give me the feeling that not only I want to go fast, the bikes do too. Guess what bike gets the ride tomorrow.
Likes For delbiker1: