Old 09-21-10, 04:57 PM
deadprez012

Bikes: Masi Vincere (2011); Diamondback Interval (1993); Miyata SSCX build (c. 1990)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irvri
Haha, it's not that interesting but here's the story:
The night before I bought this I was in a pretty depressed mood. I pulled up to my house and saw my brother fumbling with his car on the driveway and i knew something was up. He had my '07 CAAD8 Optimo1 on his roof rack (i bought it 3 days prior) and decided to hit the garage with the top tube..

So I hopped on Craigslist when I got inside the house and I saw this thing for $85, but I was too late, someone had already claimed it for the next day. I was pissed again.. But for some reason that someone never showed up to get it so the guy called me and I was there quick.

The seller was the neighbor of a Triathlon rider who just gave it to him. It was for his wife to ride but she ended up not riding it cus it was too "stiff" so he put it up on CL. He even gave me extra Michelin Ironman tires in case I needed em. Cool guy. Also.. I just found out that the Thomson Elite Seatpost that came with the bike is worth as much as I paid for it! wow.
I maintain my righteous level of jealousy.

I got this...

...for $100.

$217 later, I have this...

...and as much as I love it, $85 < $317! Good find friend