View Single Post
Old 11-25-21, 05:28 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
I'll soon complete my 70th journey around ole sol. We recently made an pre-thanksgiving trip (10 hr drive) to visit my son's family. Benjamin is just 4 yrs old and has been riding his push bike/glider too long. So I removed the foot pegs and installed the BB/crankset/FW/chain kit. First time out was a largely a failure even with his sister helping, but it was a start. Something happened in his brain that night. The next morning he threw a leg over, positioned the DS pedal and pushed off - went 30 yards and stopped like a pro. His progress went in leaps and bounds after that. Wow, that was fun.

My son, Ben's father, has had no interest in cycling. We sat watching Benjamin swooping up and down the street. Finally I passed the bike I'd been riding to him: "go ride with your son". What a fine grin on his face too, side by side in the warm sun. A magical day. Well worth the wait.

OP, I wish for you such a magical day. One of many days I stop and contemplate how proud I am of my "kids". Yeah, not always easy but worth it. I ride for fun all the time now, 12 outta 12 on 11 bicycles.
Likes For Prowler: