View Single Post
Old 05-06-21, 01:15 PM
fettsvenska 

Bikes: 1978 Raleigh Competition-1974 Raleigh Folder-1983 Austro Daimler-198? Fuji Monterey-Surly LHT-Surly Karate Monkey-Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
I don't know about your body resetting but I believe that I have recalibrated my appetite. Maybe this is just another way of saying that I've changed my eating habits for the better. However, I can honestly say that I don't crave food in the same quantities that I used to 20 years ago when I first admitted to myself that I was overweight/obese. I used to get the double burger super-sized fast food meals all the time but now I'm just not interested in eating that much food. I could choke down quite a bit of pizza in one sitting but now I'm full after 2-3 slices. It feels to me sort of like I've trained myself to not want food in the same quantities that I used to. 20-25 years ago there are several of those food challenges that you see on TV that I think I could have completed. If I tried any of those now, I don't think I could even get half way through without barfing. I'm just a sample size of one and so I don't know if this is true for other people but I do believe that my body and mind no longer crave food in the same way as in the past.
Likes For fettsvenska: