Old 04-15-22, 05:44 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,870 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
Cool paint color. Would be interesting to find a similar color. I know you are great at looking for green paints!

Joking aside, pearl green and spray painted silver lugs would be too cool.
The color on this bike does look like it was probably very nice once. Also, by an odd coincidence, it looks fairly similar to the color of the bike I had when I was in high school (though that one wasn't nearly this nice).

This challenge being what it is though, I'm going to go with paint that I already have on hand. When I painted the lugs on my Allez a couple of years ago, I bought two shades of red to see which matched best. So now I have a nearly fully can of Sunrise Red. That will go great with the white saddle and some white bar tape, maybe some white cables too if I still have some from my bulk roll. This bike originally had very fancy pinstriping. I'm not up to recreating that, but I have some Sharpie paint pens that I've been meaning to use to try my hand at lug lining. The font for the original decals was very basic, so I think I can match that with lettering.com cheapo vinyl decals.

The vintage-centurion.com site won't let me share their picture here (despite it being copied from a scan on velobase), but here's a link to a page that has the catalog picture for this bike: Centurion Elite RS/Super