carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by pierrej
There's plenty of talent waiting in the wings, plenty
This reminds me of when I used to be a photographer and did a photoshoot with Jake Rupp. He was a veteran skater by that time. Kinda on the older side, but still had a top tier sponsorship (Element). This was about 2003 or 2004 I'd guess.

We were out in Baltimore shooting some non-commissioned work on speculation to send out to the magazines. Basically, unpaid work hoping that a magazine would publish them and/or a sponsor would buy them. I'd make a few bucks and he fulfills his obligations to his sponsors by staying in the media with hot photos/videos.

[Jake, tired and winded from skating hard] "You know why I do this, Carleton? Why I'm skating with you on a beautiful Sunday afternoon when I could be chillin' with my lady on the sofa?

[Carleton, changing lenses] "No. Why?"

[Jake] "The kids."

[Carleton] "?"

[Jake] "The kids are good. I go skate with them when I travel and they are ******** goooood. No joke."

[Carleton] "Ha." (ok?)

[Jake, introspectively] "They want my job, man. They want this job. And they'll get it if I don't work hard. That's why I do this." [drops skateboard and kicks off for another try at the trick...]

Last edited by carleton; 12-17-18 at 10:56 AM.