Old 05-01-21, 06:40 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by SDReames
Oops, I guess I should have scanned the thousands of posts first. Sorry for being repetitive. Maybe a sticky post at the top to explain this for us Newbies.
Originally Posted by SDReames
Thanks for the links. Again, a sticky post at the top would help eliminate these repetitive posts.
You're on a forum for people to be talking about old bikes. Most people like to talk about old bikes.

Look at it this way, you got 3 posts (so far) out of the deal.

Whenever you do searches- you'll end up with old stuff- and a whole bunch of posts from people that are no longer active on the forum. Besides that, (or because of that) things sort of drift- this place is way different from when I started here.

IMO- as long as you're not being a jerk- you can pretty much get away with posting most any vaguely "old" bike. The "classic" part of the C&V thing allows for that- and I think most people consider lugged steel frames with relatively level top tubes as a general guideline.

It's getting to the point where molded carbon fiber frames are getting "old" and there's probably going to be an influx of people wanting to play along here with those bikes. But I think the "lugged steel frames with relatively level top tube" guideline kind of sets the tone- we are a pretty forgiving bunch, but the "classic" kind of applies to the kind of old bikes that were common during most of the 20th century.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.