Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,388 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Three or four days of HMB. Twice daily, 3 grams per day total. Seems like it really perks me up mentally like very alert mentally but no effect in terms of blood pressure or pulse.

I did my local 3 minute hill climb yesterday that I use for hard vo2 max type intervals. My power was the same as last week BUT I am now using a crank power meter vs hub power meter. I felt stronger as if I could have paced another 5 watts. I know I was stronger because there was a 15-20 mph headwind and my time was identical. At about 90 seconds, there is a 14-18% wall that just kills me and then it flattens out to 6-8% to the red barn finish line. What I noticed is less difficulty keeping the power down after the wall.

Is this possible? Or placebo?

Vukovich and Geri showed 8-9% increase in VO2 with just 2 weeks of 3 grams per day.
Only time will tell. I did 80' of 75% FTP yesterday and the pedals felt light for the first time. Of course that also makes my current FTP number suspect. I suspect it'll take more time for geezers to see results.