View Single Post
Old 02-24-22, 04:32 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
I rode pretty hard yesterday or at least for my current fitness. I did 35 miles in hills (around 2500 feet of climbing) mostly at tempo but I did some hill sprints, too. Yesterday was the third day in a row that I rode with the first day being a hard interval session and the second day an easy ride. The Garmin 1030 said I needed 29 hours to recover and my training stress balance is -28, which a little bad for my current training load. Normally I would expect sore legs and some tiredness but my legs feel better than expected. I am still taking a rest day today but I FEEL as if I could ride again today.

My hill sprints showed almost as high power as Monday. Both 60-80 watts higher than my best in years. I track every training ride and have power data going back years.

Is it the HMB? I have no idea. It could be different technique? My left arm has a lot of hardware installed from an accident and sprinting is painful, I think I could be sprinting differently. Would be interesting if anyone else sees the same kind of improvement as I am seeing in power.

I am going to measure at the rear wheel and also at the crank on my next sprinting session. Chain friction is not linear under extreme tension, maybe that explains the extra power.

Last edited by GhostRider62; 02-24-22 at 04:44 AM.