LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12871 Post(s)
Liked 7,795 Times in 4,135 Posts
Originally Posted by dfischer
Why thank you sir! I'm more than a little OK w/ a steel frame. Nor did I know of Thudbuster seatposts. I'll be looking into that too!

I'm curious though: For a few hundred more he gets a lot more bike. I think. (don't know for sure). Is the one I'd linked to a bad idea? Or a worse idea than this? If so, do you mind educating me a bit on why?

Thanks!
D
The BD bike has some nicer parts, but looks like less tire clearance. Also more work to go tubeless, with the BD you'd need tires, valves, sealant, and probably tape, whereas the Breezer already has 32mm tubeless tires on it. BD also has weird handlebars, IMO - some like them though. The Breezer has slightly flared bars, so not sure if that's what you're looking for.

If you live near a Performance Bike store, the Breezer is currently $200 less than MSRP, and comes assembled and with lifetime free adjustments, and you can get 10% back if you spend $30 for a year of their memebership.

So BD gets the nod for the Ti and all the R8000 goods, if you're OK with assembling a bike out of the box, don't mind making shifter and brake adjustments on your own, don't think you'll ever want to run 42mm tires, don't mind buying new tires to go tubeless, etc.

Breezer also has the Inversion Team for about $2300 with Ultegra parts except crankset.