View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 02:44 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
25mm Schwalbe Pro Ones: Very initial experience with what I'm pretty sure are the first generation Pro Ones, since I've had them for a while but only just mounted them onto DT Swiss R 470 db rims. They were tough to even get completely around the rim without tools, despite using the Easy Fit fluid included in the kit. Had to use a CO2 cartridge to seat one tire, but floor pump was good enough to seat the second tire. They stay seated after deflating the tire to add sealant, and haven't lost much pressure overnight after a short hour ride yesterday. Running at around 70-75 psi, they seem comfy and assured.

32mm GP5Ks: Approx 1000 km on Hunt Aero Light Disc wheels with no complaints, but unlike with the Pro Ones, they don't stay seated when deflated and they lose a lot of air over time. I haven't seen any sealant leakage (Orange Seal endurance) and it's not an issue even on a long ride, so I haven't bothered to figure out if I need new tape, better seal on the valve, or something else. Have ridden over glass and lots of pebbles on road shoulders in the past year over the same roads where I've previously punctured with tubed tires without ever having punctured.