Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Ah, I think I get where you’re coming from now.

I’m glad you spoke directly to T-Lab. In my dealings with them, the were open, friendly, and super helpful…like beyond expectations helpful. It really colored my impression of the company as a small firm which really appreciates the people who ride their bikes.

Clarifying the comments you asked about, I was just referring to diverse appeal of an established, well-known brand compared to a young, upstart brand. You know, like how when something goes from being an undiscovered gem to being a mainstream darling, it’s not the same kind of cool anymore. That said, Litespeed’s chops in the Ti game are unassailable; I want to be clear about that. T-Lab are comparative nobodies, the underdogs, but I think doing some cool, innovative stuff.
Perhaps counterintuitively to what's typically offered by metal fab bike makers, TLAB's default and recommendation is a press fit bottom bracket. I assume this is what you have and it's been perfectly fine? I do wonder why they don't offer T47 instead of BSA though.