View Single Post
Old 07-14-21, 11:58 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
Liked 1,305 Times in 750 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
two or three examples in thread so far. but, yes...thank you for some coleman feedback. i've been seeing some in my searches and some look like they'd do the job for me. in boy scouts, we didn't use top of the line or even mid line camping gear and somehow we still managed...lol. just a bunch of military brats with gear the peeps could afford. i know there's some decent stuff out there for modest prices, but you gotta dig and ask around to who's used any of it to get real honest experience. a lot has changed in the 30 something years since i was a scout, but surely not everything
The reason I suggested the Coleman, was your insistence on it being waterproof. The floor is a bathtub design, and is made of a tarp like material. It is very heavy duty and completely waterproof. The tent I linked is also a four person tent, which will give three people room. The fly goes all the way down the sides which will greatly help prevent water from coming in during a hard, driving rain.

It is a great value, and ticks your boxes. The cost is a slightly higher weight.