Old 09-17-22, 04:08 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Random_bike_guy
Hello All - I bought this bike, and disassembled it down to the bare frame, even took apart the rear derailer and shifters. Figured it would be a good learning experience. RJ The Bike Guy on YouTube was a huge help. Anyways, I committed the cardinal sin of disassembly and did not take pictures. When I put it back together, I was left with a few extra parts. 2 square like nut looking things that have 2 “ears” and a slight curve , then these 4 metal tabs with a bend. Any idea what those might be, where the hey go & how, and if they are necessary? New to the forum, and guess I am not allowed to upload pictures yet. If anyone knows a work around, that would be great. My descriptions are not the best, I know. Thank you in advance.
I am sorry. You will have to stay the course until you are allowed to add pictures. Don't despair it only takes couple of days and another 9 posts until you can fill us in. I know that this may seem frustrating to a new member but if you could have seen the shambles that this forum was in before this policy was implemented you would understand. The moderators of the forum do a great job keeping us all in line and I greatly appreciate their work. It seems that in the last couple of years we have seen more and more new members who come in expecting more than the forum is able to offer given the rules. There are a lot of very helpful people here and if you stick with it, help is on its way
Hint: if you took the bike apart and put it back together with parts left over they were probably needed. Have you ridden the bike yet? One thing to do when you take something like a bicycle apart is to keep parts of various assemblies together. Brake parts stay with brake parts. Shifter parts stay with shifter parts. Derailleur parts(front or rear)stay with derailleur parts. This was how we did things before digital photography made taking pictures cheap. At least that way you would know where the extra parts came from and have an idea what to look for if something wasn't working properly

Last edited by alcjphil; 09-17-22 at 04:50 PM.