Old 09-19-22, 03:51 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 917 Posts
Hi, how's it going? (Only two more posts!)

PS Don't ride a bike with parts missing; even if you don't die, you could destroy the bike.

Originally Posted by Random_bike_guy
I am liking the humor on here, seem like a fun bunch a guys. Sound advice as well, so thank you. I’ll just wait till I hit the 10 posts, should only take a day or two. I need to put my wife’s bike back together anyways. That aside, I did take it for a spin this morning. If anyone one is from LA, you probably know how hilly it is. Certainly made things interesting. To recap, headset came a little lose. Might need some thread lock or something. Back tire shifted, and was rubbing again the seat stay. Tightening the skewer with a kung foo grip, seemed to address that. Old school bike, thought it would be cool to put on old school bar tape with no padding. That was a mistake. It reminded me that I was in my mid 30s, quite punishing. Last but not least, the breaks were very “squishy.” Front cable end popped off somehow, line frayed a bit. I saw Jesus when heading down one of those hills into an intersection. Leads me to believe those “extra” parts are in fact for the brakes, and necessary. All in all, I lived to bike another day. Y’all enjoy the rest of your weekend.