Old 08-11-22, 05:44 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 438 Posts
PressFit MegaExo <> Shimano Hollowtech BB - may be compatible, but I would have a real (good) Shop tech, who has worked with this combo confirm...
If you go full shimano, you'll need a pressfit shim/adapter to then put on a Shimano BB.
...But you can try the crankset in the current BB and see how it runs...
Other option I might suggest looking into... Get a 30 ring for the current setup and have 48/30 .
Sure Shimano says it won;t work, but...
I had heard that some Shimano users went down 2 teeth on their inner rings - no problem....
SO
I'm getting older... and slower... and weaker... and having gone to an Ultegra Mid-compact last year (52/36), I now find that the verdammte climbs/hills my groups are now riding are killing me at the speed I need to keep up !!!
so, I checked around... and sure enough, seem like plenty of riders have done the FORBIDDEN change to a 52/34 setup...
I'm using Ultegra 10 spd Drivetrain group w/ short cage RD, with Ultegra R8000 crankset... 52/36 - NOW 52/34 - 0ver 1,000mi. and for sure 25K+ ft of climbing. not a single issue, shifts like it was designed that way, FD, RD, rings, cassettes (13-28).... ALL GOOD
Don't worry what shimano says about the FD ring handling... it will work with a 30 as well as it does a 32, and if the RD is shimano also, it will also work, as long as chain length is good. If you're not changing the cassette ratios, the chain will prolly work fine as is.
Problem would be - can you FIND a 30 ring for that FSA Crankset ???
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 08-11-22 at 05:47 PM.
Likes For cyclezen: