View Single Post
Old 12-26-20, 03:20 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by raybo
In April 2015, I did a route of northern Italy including several lakes. I rode a loop route from Milan. I rode east to VIcenza via the southern edge of Lakes Como and Garda. Then, I headed north to Trento and started west via the northern part of Lake Garda and went by Lakes Ladro, Idro, and Iseo. I then went north into the Dolomites turning back at Bormio and riding to the north end of Lake Como. From there, I went to Lake Lugano and then Lake Maggiore before returning to Milano. A truly fabulous trip! I wrote a detailed journal, as I always do, if you would like more information.

Some random thoughts:

Bormio is a very pretty place at the base of the Stelvio Pass. It is a challenge to get to but I really liked it.

Be sure to check if the passes are open before trying to ride over them!

Expect haze in the Po Valley.

The bike trail from Bassano del Grappo to Trento was fabulous.

Don't assume that Swiss National Bike routes are good biking.

Check that the ferries you are planning to use take bicycles.

The Italian Lakes are a pretty part of the world. You will have a great time, if the weather cooperates!
I will study your journal in detail, Thanks'
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.