Old 04-18-21, 07:41 PM
NeedARealBike

Bikes: Cinelli Bootleg Hobo - Railway 2015

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by homeless in ca.
If you need longer battery life get a camera that can be plugged in and charge while it's being used. My camera has a waterproof case. To connect the charger I have to take it out of the case and then there's nothing to mount it to the handlebars.

Another camera I saw was "water resistant". That one has no case. You just bolt the camera to the handlebar and then you can plug in the USB charger while it's running.

I use this battery to power the led bar and tail lights on my bike. And with the inverter I can charge my phone, Bluetooth, even a laptop.

This is an old AGM battery. It's 12 amp hours and weighs about 8 pounds. The new lithium batteries you can get the same number of usable amps with 1/4 the weight.
Outdated, inefficient, and high maintenence. Also doesn't hold a charge for long. Just get a regular USB powerbank, you can even get one with a little solar panel on top if you want. Most the new gopros can run off USB power and there's little toptube bags with earphone holes that would be perfect to hold one out of the sunlight heat and run to the camera.

I still have an old 2500mah opteka from 2013 I leave in the window when I not using so it always ready.