View Single Post
Old 06-13-22, 01:44 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10968 Post(s)
Liked 7,494 Times in 4,190 Posts
Originally Posted by Rolla
Interesting. I wonder if they can get parts. A couple of weeks ago when I checked QBP and JBI for drivetrain and brake stuff, there were just pages of zeros. I ended up sourcing my parts through CompetitiveCyclist and a guy on PinkBike who builds custom wheels.
They always have 3 guys working on bikes each time I am in their main store, so I assume they are getting parts. Maybe they are only taking repairs that are serviceable given current inventory? So they arent taking bikes that want GRX Silver groupsets installed, but are taking bikes that need a new 8sp chain and cassette, for example. <--total hypothetical. Not really sure what is or isnt in stock since I dont work there. I do see a lot of accessories and softgoods that are missing or have been replaced by less impressive alternatives. The shop used to carry a lot of Giro helmets and now carry 2 models. Meanwhile, they have expanded the Lazer and Bontrager offerings(this may be an intentional decision and not a supply based decision).