View Single Post
Old 09-13-19, 07:08 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Originally Posted by tiger1964

"I am convinced that the bar is low for selecting school bus drivers, I regularly see them running stop signs or at least overshooting the stop line if they do stop (coming to rest in the crosswalk), also failure to yield right of way and pulling out in front of drivers and cyclists. Perhaps they are told that driving a school bus, with or without kids on board, gives them carte blanche to drive as they please. At least based on my observations.
That is the same kind of ignorant, intolerant, unsubstantiated remark that so many vehicle operators make about bicyclists. If you are going to run your mouth about a subject, give it some substance to back up what you say. Your "observations", in my opinion, are tunnel vision and hyperbole based on what you perceive to be an inconvenience to you.Yes, I am a school bus driver, and yes, I am offended by your ridiculous post. I proudly, and safely, transport children to school and back to home.
Likes For delbiker1: