Old 12-24-20, 11:21 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18347 Post(s)
Liked 4,497 Times in 3,344 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
Just talking out loud:
From the video I was wondering about the truck driver’s reactions as well. They certainly appeared to be “off” to me. But I also wondered if some of it could have been from the mental shock of what he’d done. Or if he was already thinking about what was going to happen to him after what he’d done......loss of job, legal issues, knowing he had meth in his system, imprisonment, killing people, seeing lifeless bodies, etc. I guess only the truck driver knows??

The patrolman appeared to be sympathetic, but that might be part of his training trying to get all the facts as soon after the incident as possible, or maybe just a reflection of his personality???

Just my observations from the videos I’ve seen. Just a horrific situation.
Thankfully I've never been in that situation. But, there are times that when I get very nervous that I will get physically cold to the point of shivering.

These early videos are helpful to understand a person's thinking before they have time to talk to their lawyers and formulate a "story". But, I'd imagine the man was fully in shock, and still trying to make sense of what happened, and why he hadn't recognized the cyclists until it was too late.
Likes For CliffordK: