View Single Post
Old 06-10-21, 02:11 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,860 Times in 6,072 Posts
This one was built up back in 2007-8 from a frame I bought on Ebay. I don't know the exact age. It's a Battaglin, built from Columbus MAX which makes it post-1987, and the cable routing at the BB suggests it predates brifters, because there's too much cable friction unless you run teflon liners around the cables. Repainted and built up with 2006 Chorus, then recently refitted with a medium cage Veloce rear derailleur to accomodate a 12-30 cassette. It was my 'go to' bike for at least a decade.

This one was bought with STIs, back in 1997, but the serial number dates the frame to 1992. Ritchey Road Logic, originally with full 7410 Dura Ace. The date codes on the crank and brakes date to 1996, so I guess the frame was hanging around the shop unsold for a while before they built it up. I rode it as an 8-speed till Fall of 2019, when I realized the 39x25 lowest gear was keeping me from using it. I bought a 7800 rear derailleur and STIs, as well as a 12-30 cassette, and kept the rest of it as is. Originally white, I had it repainted in 2007 by the guy who painted all Ritchey frames for a long time. It is the best shifting bike I have. The shifting is almost silent, with the only sound being the *click* from the STIs.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: