View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 04:32 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by eatontkd
Greetings to all over 50's! I'm Doug (55) from Central Pa. (Make that HILLY Central Pa.) Just getting back into the love of two wheels again after a much too long departure. I've been here "lurking" for a bit and have already enjoyed and learned much from your posts; thanks much! I've attached two photos, one from my now favorite loop and one of me... Looking forward to more inspiration and such.

Originally Posted by eatontkd
… I guess we with "hills" can't complain to those with MOUNTAINS! My wife loves CO...
Hi Doug,

My name is Jim, and I’m a cyclist (…Hi Jim...) Four decades of cycle touring, road cycling and year round cycle commuting

Welcome and keep up with it. Your post was particularly serendipitous, since just last weekend we held a Seventh Annual Fifty-Plus Forum Ride out of the Raystown Lake Resort; Altoona was the nearest town I recognized. I haven’t written my ride description yet to that thread, but will soon.

Compared to the hills of Metro Boston, I consider that I rode over two mountains, shorter perhaps, but with grades as challenging as I had encountered in Colorado (but that was 35 years ago).