View Single Post
Old 10-20-15, 09:30 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Welcome, Doug! Having just spent 4 days riding in your neck of the woods, I'd certainly agree that it is hilly up there, and also beautiful! I've never seen Fall colors that nice, even though I'd guess we were about a week ahead of the peak. Jim, Miss Kenton and I have now all posted our reports from the 50+ gathering at Lake Raystown, so check them out.

I'd love to ride up that way again, but I hope never to drive that much again.
I also enjoyed the colors, and in no way being contrarian, I thought they were muted this year (as in New England). Just my opinion as a lifelong leaf-watcher (but not peeper) in Michigan and New England. (A leaf-peeper drives, or rides out just to look at the leaves.) Do you get fall foliage down in Georgia, BluesDawg?

FYA, again not to be argumentative, but just my opinion, I wrote this response to the thread, “Does a near-perfect weather place exist?

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Personally the only weather I don’t like to ride in is rain, and no rain would be a desert. That said, I really like riding in all seasons, even winter. So my near perfect weather would present the best of all seasons, without the extremes, and I already live here. Nice, albeit short Spring with beautiful blossoms and that first few weeks of relief from Winter; glorious summer; cool crispy Autumn with colorful foliage; and even a bracing[/B], and challenging Winter, but not one impossible to ride in…

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 10-20-15 at 09:40 AM.