Old 03-24-20, 02:38 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I had planned on getting a smart trainer late in the year when my fiancee and I started family planning, but with our wedding delayed that may be a bit delayed too... Not sure what we're going to do there. If it's a 6 month delay - fine, we'll wait and would prefer to party (read: her not being pregnant) during our wedding celebration and honeymoon. If we have to wait a year? Nope, the show must go on, not interested in waiting that long to start our family, marriage and future together. I'll be 34 in November and she's only a year behind, and neither of us are getting any younger.

It's a weird time, and a tough time for me. Work seems to be going OK, but with social distancing measures, split shifts and partial remote work it's a bit in upheaval. Cycling (well, racing) is postponed indefinitely, and with our wedding (5/9) postponed my medium-term plans are all out of whack, which means more anxiety for me - I'm a type A or OCD planner type. Fortunately we do have each other and we are still gainfully employed, which is more than what a lot of individuals can say right now.

Stay safe!
I hope what I'm posting doesn't come across as intrusive and gratuitous. Would this be solely a delay in your wedding ceremony or would it also mean a delay in being legally recognized as being married? If you are currently intending it to be the latter, have you looked into how CA will be issuing marriage certificates in these times?