Old 03-29-20, 10:29 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrouscious
Got one in at the shop a couple weeks ago for a customer, was not impressed. Yeah, it's cool to be able to soft pedal up hills at 24 mph, but it has issues (IMO). The biggest gripe I have is the monstrous Q-factor. It's like riding a fatbike in a road position. We've had in other Turbo models and none of them have been set up like that. The other issue is the motor. It doesn't increase its assistance when you increase your power. I know, I know, it's an assistance motor, but when you get out of the saddle, it feels like you're dragging the full weight of the bike along. You sit back down and it suddenly feels fine. For a bike that starts around $6000, it sure doesn't wow like it should.
Thank you for your comment. I totally agree that, although Spec motor is one of the best in business right now, it is still far from perfect. You said about the problems when you are out of the saddle and I experienced something very similar when trying to start fast from standstill. The Q-factor, to be honest, did not bother me at all (maybe because I spend years on MTB bikes and only last couple of years I have been riding gravel bikes).
Likes For sweetspot: