Old 08-14-20, 06:39 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Is it the modern thing that dads are to just be a disposable source of income, resources, repairs, listening and all else..........and receive nothing in return?

I swear everything I've done for myself since I've been married and had kids has come with some sort of guilt trip or comments. I don't recall having a birthday or father's day I enjoy. Everybody else's birthday is a day-of and separate more convenient day of all day celebrating.

The one thing, the ONE thing I really like to do........TT......and it's an 8:30am start for my class. I'd be home by 11am. 10 more hours in the day till the kid's bedtime. But, not allowed to go do regionals as it is the kid's birthday. I love my kid, we will celebrate my kid. But I don't get the zero debate all-day-long celebration thing.

I'm the adult, adulting can suck. But I'm really tired of stuff like this. The ONLY thing in 2020 I really looked forward to. I know I'd be home before noon for sure. And that's not enough.

I've never had a "guy's weekend" to play golf or ride mountains. When I did AOMM I arrived at my hotel at about 1AM for the 5AM wakeup to get over to checkin and do that. THEN, got to drive home immediately 4 hours after a 7+ hour ride in 90 degree heat. While other families made a weekend in Asheville out of it and enjoyed their dinners together.

I'm not super pleased. Looking at other regionals like for VA, they all say winners and podium for out of state folks get nothing pretty much.

I'm in the dumps man.
Likes For burnthesheep: