Old 08-28-20, 09:54 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Using pedal assist to go 26 mph is ridiculous, ESPECIALLY on a bike path.

If you want to work hard, get a bike without pedal assist. At those speeds, you're a danger to everyone, yourself included.

This is the problem with e-bikes for some people. They write checks that the riders' don't have the skills to cash and the common sense to use appropriately.
I only do it when the path is clear. at 6:30 in the morning it usually is. I have had roadies follow me. and sometimes pass me.its wide paved path. I don't take chances. but I I don't usually need to go that fast. and riding without power does not give you more of a workout unless you can put more power into the ride then you normally can. I put as much effort in as I can so riding without power would not be be a better workout it would just be slower. if I ride without power I cant do 20 maybe I can do 15. I commute 25 miles a day going faster saves a lot of time. Yes I keep it safe I don't don't do crazy things.
I work as hard as my body will let me. since nov I ride 20+ miles a day and since the last three months its been 30+ miles a day. 220 to 240 miles a week. since nov I have put 5200 miles on my commute bike and 1600 on the tandem in 3 months. I think that's pretty dam good.

Last edited by fooferdoggie; 08-28-20 at 10:05 AM.