Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 09-23-20, 08:10 PM
acir71

Bikes: Mongoose Maurice FS 2011 fixed gear, custom 2017 Haro Master Flatland bmx, Contrast FL475 mid school flatland bmx

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 3S1M
I don't know how I missed this!!! Yeah things been going well. I got back on the bmx sometime in June. The ribs healed up and I got the stone out. They broke it up with a laser cuz it was stuck. I can't remember if I ever told you I put my progress up on instagram. My name is SilentNightSun. If you have a phone you can do instagram. Don't need to be a techy guru. Cuz I sure aint either.

That was a cool video!!! Lots of good flatland stuff in there. That's pretty much all I'm doing lately. But strangely enough I'm still only doing it from 2 pegs. For some reason I can't get over how 4 pegs feel. I don't like it. LOL. But I still got a lot to learn and the stuff I'm working on I can do from 2 pegs.

How have you been? You got a pic of the new bike you put together? Are you riding still? I know in the states it kind of depends one where you at as far as how strict they are being with people and masks and such but I think pretty much everywhere parks are open now and people are riding. Except Hawaii......
Good to know that health issues been sorted out! And a progress vid?!! You been busy, I don't hv Insta, but will chk it out using my daughter's. Maybe I'll get her to put up some of my riding vid too?

So you running chromo or plastic pegs? I think the plastic ones are really worth trying, if you considering to fill in the remaining vacancy. I actually just removed mine. Been frequenting my local park since the lockdown removed, and riding both park n flat. But eventually I kinda do better at the ramps so last week I revert back to my old park frame, rawed n freecoastered! I dunno man, turning 50 by March next year, but the riding has been crazier than it used to be. It's like you suddenly realized that you're in the final leg of your journey and theres not much to lose already! Bruised and limping a lot these days, but life's been great, yes?

Hey guys if you fancy them tricks 180s 360s fakie and all, ya all shld consider freecoaster. Fakie is easier, but pulling out of that is something else. You don't enjoy the benefit of instant pedal pressure hence have to grow stronger and eventually improve your technique. I've been having so much fun since I have those! Overall I think it just look smoother pulling out of things and not back pedalling. But miss the cassette sound tho!

Happy riding n stay safe ya all!!

​​​​​​
​​​​​