Old 11-09-20, 09:56 AM
daneh

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Di2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Training plans for Masters...are they too much?

I was very kindly directed here from the 50+ forum so I shall ask the same questions here.

I can't copy and paste my original post from the over 50 forum so I shall get to the point here....I am a 61 year old female who is in good shape and was previously playing hockey and skating until the pandemic shut down the rinks.So, I took up cycling again (a 15 year hiatus). Got a nice bike (Cervelo R3 Di2) and some power meters and got what I think is a Masters level training plan from Training Peaks.

I also did some reading online and what I found was I might be doing too much.I have 1 rest day a week and some days, I am doing double workouts as in a ride and a lift. I am starting week 8 of a 20 week off season training program. It obviously gets more difficult in order to improve. And I fully realize that if I cannot get out of bed or start to suffer over training signs, it is too much. I also understand that none of you know me or my physical condition. I guess what I am asking from this section of the forum, what women in this situation are doing and if there are plans that are made specifically for 60 plus ladies. Or do I need to find a coach to get this much customization?

I appreciate all answers.