burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by sewupnut
"This topic is totally unnecessary" And that it is. Everything I've read here is subjective. Too many variables.
What exactly did you contribute to the topic? You claimed in a 33 forum topic way way back to have been in your 22nd year racing.

The original topic wasn't really about the subjectivity of if 300w is useful at all in any kind of racing. As winning matters, not what the little gauge says.

You could have chosen to click, view, and move on...........but you had to take a dig. Or you could have provided feedback worthy of those 22 years.

Everything is subjective? You can see the Zpower results online anytime, listing power, power duration, w/kg, and weight. You can pull up folks you've followed for years on Strava. Shoot, people that coach can pull up their TP or WKO5 data and see what that data looks like and knows what they race in.

There's nothing subjective about hard data.

What are the variables? If we ignore a fair variable of the measuring device used, it's just the data itself. I'm not sure how Coggan compiled the original "FTP chart of talents" people love to post up, but there had to be some amount of data behind it.

Not to mention if there was, we KNOW the numbers of participants in each of the race categories he placed in that chart.

So.......no, I don't think it's fair to say it's all subjective and there are too many variables. What's subjective about the commonality of 300w for an hour? It's a yes or no question then applied to a demographic of cyclists.

Again, what exactly did you contribute?