Thread: Rare bike
View Single Post
Old 07-28-21, 09:58 AM
BinkyTurtle

Bikes: Motobecane road bike (sadly deceased), MS Racing Comp XT mountain bike, Giant FCR4 Fitness bike, Trek 7200 multitrack (main bike now), Shogun Mixte and Trek 750 multitrack

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rare bike

I have a 1989 MS Racing Comp XT off-road bike. 19" Chromoly rigid blue frame, 18 speed Shimano Exage derailleurs, SIS index, Elliptical chainring. Always been kept tuned up and stored inside with tires inflated. Ridden mostly on rails to trails and road. Light mtn bike use but never crashed. My local bike shop advised me to ask about 1/2 of what I paid, which I believe was between $650 and $700. I have had it listed locally for $250 but don't even get calls about a bike this old. Since it was only made one year and is a great bike I am looking for advice on my pricing and how to get it in front of folks who might appreciate it and not opt for Wal-mart over this fine machine. Mostly original though I have put on a longer stem, replaced the shift levers, grips, seat and tires. I would post a pic but I keep getting this message:
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites and photos after you have made 10 posts or more.