Old 05-27-21, 10:59 AM
clichty

Bikes: Moots Vamoots RCS, Serotta Ti, Felt F55, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mgopack42
Wrench Science: yes. I think R&A also carries Argon 18 (in Walnut Creek CA). the forks? well I can't say too much for or against them. the reviews said the bike was more comfortable etc., but I guess I am pretty much a lout when it comes to these fine distinctions. I have been riding on the stock tires, which are Challenge Paris - Roubaix tires in 27 mm width which are fantastic tires. they ride and handle so much better than the Conti 4 seasons, 25 mm, I had been using as a compromise between durability and performance on my previous bike. What I can say is this: This bike rides better than my precious bike, a 2012 Pinarello FP Quatro. better descender, better handling, lighter, more responsive. the Pinarello was MUCH prettier though! this bike also has a shorter reach, and similar stack to the Pinarello, so it is better suited to my size and riding style.
I will say that I was impressed that they didn't compromise on the kind of stuff most stock bikes compromise on... seat post, stem, bars, wheels, saddle, etc. to hit a price point, all CF components, in the high mid price point standard.
I am a fan if you are in the market for a $7000 bike! The final PLUS for me is that you do not see this bike everywhere you turn (i.e. Specialized, Giant, Trek.).

EDIT. BTW, it took me about 2 months to get this bike from the time i decided to picked it up, and that was before things got really bad.. I am sure no one has them in stock.. the OP did say he was willing to wait, or I wouldn't have piped in here.
Yes I'm not in a huge rush to get a bike but trying to feel out the good options (this thread has 100% met/exceeded expectations about endurance bikes in this $ range) in case a deal or something pops up. I do agree that I enjoy having a bike that is not as common (my first real bike was a custom gold painted Klein and no one has those bikes) so hearing about some different brands has been super helpful. My youngest is still 15 months so I have limited ability to disappear for long weekend rides but I'm slowly increasing the wife's tolerance for longer rides.