Old 08-23-21, 12:07 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8260 Post(s)
Liked 8,995 Times in 4,454 Posts
Originally Posted by canopus
You shoud be able to get a monitor for 30 days... Or you could get a Kardia unit for your iphone (a 6 lead system) and record your heart when you feel these symptoms and provide that to a cardiologist for review.
When I was having palpations walking to and from the bus stop and work my primary said it was just gas and recommended prilosec and the like but he would refer me if i insisted. Stupid me I didn't insist right then and it was another 2 weeks when i walked back in, asked for my referral, I got a monitor halter but it didn't show anything. Finally he scheduled me for a stress test, I wasn't 4 minutes into it when he walked in, looked at my rhythm told me to stop. He was going to send me over to the hospital to fill out the paperwork and schedule my cath. I didn't know what that was at 38 but I learned.... turns out I had a 99% block in my LAD (its called the Widowmaker). It had gone on so long that I had new arterial growth attempting to go around it. i got a new Primary doctor after that...
This happened when you were 38 years old?

I don't have an iphone, or any cell phone. Don't have a Garmin or any electronics on my bikes.

The heart rhythm thing seems better and if it doesn't go back to normal I will go back to the doc. It had been 4 years since I had these symptoms.