Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5997 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Stupid comment.

Some doctors are actually quite expert in who is getting hurt and how because guess who they take people to when they're hurt?
And that gives them expertise on traffic engineering how exactly...?

I'm not sure what you consider the "science" here and who are the experts who qualify to comment, but I question your competence in making those judgments..
Everybody can comment, but doctors have the annoying habit to pretend they are qualified experts way out of their field of expertise. Doctors on lifestyle choices, doctors on traffic engineering, doctors on fireworks, doctors on bicycle helmets, doctors on law, doctors on ethics (not concerning their own usually) stfu, stop where you're expertise ends.

Of course they can make useful specifiic observations from their job and therefore expertise, but that doesn't make them experts in anything remotely related or connected. That's just arrogance, and I'm perfectly competent in establishing what's way out of a doctor's field of expertise. Cycling is healthy, accidents aren't, we don't need doctors to tell us that.