View Single Post
Old 09-03-22, 11:41 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
If you're not good at or comfortable with wheel truing, simply bring it to a reputable shop and have them give you an opinion. Seriously, getting a wheel trued is cheap and quick by a shop.

I ran over a front wheel when I leaned it against the car while I was loading the bike onto a fork mount in the back and forgot about it when I turned into it in reverse when I left the parking lot. Didn't notice until I went to put the wheel on when I got to my start point. Found the wheel when I returned - imbedded in the gravel where I was parked (that was probably fortunate). I thought it was hopeless, it looked very bad. Instead of following my initial inclination and looking on EBay for a matching wheel, I sheepishly took it to a LBS. The shop replaced one spoke and trued it to what they told me was not perfect, but to my eye, it is well within "not noticeable" condition. I've been riding it without any thought for 15 years. Being a front wheel, I would certainly be bothered by any visual clue of imperfection, but it is not noticeable. Oh, I had to replace the front skewer, it was ruined.

All this is to say find out if it's ruined or not, don't hypothesize or ask people who can't even see it.

Last edited by Camilo; 09-03-22 at 11:45 PM.