Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1989 Post(s)
Liked 656 Times in 448 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
So Yan, what are your experiences?
Do you have experiences?
Are you more leaning towards getting an opinion through people's answers?

To me, it really depends on the situation, but obviously if my bike has fenders, then they are there, and really, rain booties come in many shapes and sizes, but even mine which are more on the looser side, still fold down very flat and don't take up much space, so I just bring them if rain expected over the day if commuting, over a few days if a short trip, or on any longer trip.

​​​​​​If it doesn't bother you with wet and maybe crud and grit covered shoes, hell just go without, it's up to you.
And don't forget, it takes just 10 seconds to take them off if it stops raining and all dries out, so getting hot feet has never been a problem for me, I just take them off, easy peasy.
Yes I do have experiences, including multiple tours in South East Asia during monsoon season. I always have fenders and usually use a pair of Showers Pass shoes covers; but I lost the shoe covers during a move and am debating whether to just use plastic bags from now on. The shoe covers were not very durable and were always on the verge of falling apart. I was continuously stitching and gluing those things in the years I owned them. I always had good success with plastic bags. At the end of the day I reuse them for campsite garbage.