DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
@TugaDude, @T-Mar, @3alarmer, @Bandera

Thanks for the information on these --- I truly learn something new every day

For $250, --- I took it home --- its not quite my era of interest but I have already drummed up some requests to "facilitate" - so it will be going to another great home soon . T-Mar hit the nail on the head, -- that is a 28t cluster in back with a longish RDR cage

We never determined the exact size in Imperial units because we couldn't figure out how they came up with the measurements -- (straight up from the BB, or following the seat tube angle ) , but suffice to say, its a 56c .

Given that I ride modern 53 and 54c bikes, --- I think this would actually be pretty close on the fit for me with a traditional 1976 era saddle height , so I am definitely gonna ride it before it leaves my hands ! -- IT will be fun as the last week I have been spending time on a new Di2, disc brake S-Works Tarmac. I will be able to see the difference 40 years has really made ! A lot of my other "vintage" machines are early 90's, so they already have brifters and good brakes -- I can tell a difference in weight and performance between the newest stuff sure, -- but its hard to call "only" having 8 or 9 speeds a handicap with a straight face

Oh ---- and the answer to the ages old cycling question ----- 23.17 pounds -- with pedals, and with the Brooks -- Not bad, not bad at all and right in line with what the catalog says --- Cant say that about the new stuff --- the aforementioned S-Works weighs 15lb 6 oz, but without pedals ---- after I installed pedals and alloy bars and post (I'm a Clydesdale) - weight was 17 lbs