Old 03-23-22, 04:37 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
I had no problems patching a Schwalbe Aerothan TPU tube with a Lezyne glueless patch, and still ride that tube now, nearly a year later. I did wipe the puncture area with alcohol before patching, so perhaps that’s a factor.

For me, gong with Aerothan was the ideal solution to the problems I was having running Herse Extralight casing tires, which I could not get to reliably seal tubeless. I was using the Herse recommended SealSmart, but the tires would leak air and sealant through the sidewalls no matter what I did, and that was just too much of a hassle to go on.

Aerothan promised the best performance, ease-of-use, and durability solution, and I was not disappointed. I run three tubeless bikes (down from five), two with Aerothan, and five with butyl, so I’m pretty attuned to the feel of a variety of tires and tubes, and I’ve run latex in the past, about 16 years ago, but they proved to fussy, fragile, and expensive to stick with.

If I didn’t have a fleet to look after, I’d probably just run tubeless and keep TPU in the emergency road repair kit to save weight and space, but with 15 bikes (including the wife’s and kids’) to keep up on, I have no time for futzing around highly prize stuff which works fuss-free, so Aerothan have been awesome in providing that without having to sacrifice much, if anything, in performance, feel, or security.