View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 08:33 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
Oh boy, another chance to show an orange one, a white one and a blue one in the same thread. Ergo, my 1974 92319

The f/f is 1974 though most everything else is later stuff, but quite possibly the sort of upgrades than an enthusiast may have done. A VERY nice ride and in regular rotation.

The white f/f that retroshifter shows above, assuming the frame is also 531, is possibly also a 92319 as it looks like it has the Suntour GS dropouts on the rear. I rather like those DOs vs Campy as they position the seat stays a bit outward which creates more clearance for the FW and the chain riding on the small cog. Also the white bike has just the very classic Crescent moon head badge that mine does, without the black panel behind it as on the orange f/f of the earlier bikes. I'm not sure when the black panel was deleted but it may have been for 1974 and beyond. The historians will know that the Crescent moon style head badge traces DNA directly to the badge created by Western Wheel Works of Chicago in the 1890s and still in use today.

Also, from what I've seen on line, the blue on my Crescent is a bit darker that the Monark blue used by MCB. Our Swedish members would know better that I do.
Likes For Prowler: