View Single Post
Old 06-08-22, 09:02 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,291 Times in 1,280 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary12000
That is the original MK1 if you like, as the Mark II has Competition GS mk II written on the top tube, i just picked one up from 1982 last year in Black in a tall guy size, it rides fantastic, i really like it and have no plans to sell it, i paid $500, and mine came with a NR campy rear mech ( they were specced with Gran Sport) but he upgraded from new, i also got the original bill of sale the owners manual and two sets of pedal cages and nary a scratch on it... what a lovely bike...

G
You did well ,IMHO. In 2016 , I bought my 77 for 350 and it was not ridden much( the Brooks Pro saddle was not even broken in). The original owner bought new it for his wife at a Cupertino bike shop and she hated it so it just sat in the garage for decades. The only issue I ever had with the bike was the original RD cage came apart when I was down shifting at an intersection. This threw the chain into the area behind the FW and gouging the drive side spokes. I replaced the spokes , repaired the derailleur , and put a NR unit on the bike.I have the original derailleur in a case . I could not believe that Campagnolo used a stamped metal cage for the Gran Sport mech. The bike shifts a bit quicker with the NR in my observation , not that it is THAT important , but when they come apart it isn't fun!