View Single Post
Old 06-08-22, 11:33 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,387 Times in 3,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I purchased a 1977 Competition GS(first year for the Campy Competition) for $350 a couple of years ago. It had never been ridden and had a few little marks on it , but was still in new condition.I love the bike it is not the fastest bike I own but a solid bike I can take anywhere. It gets more compliments than anything i have ridden, I guess because it looks so nice in black and is in really good shape. They are great bikes, Joe
Like I said, "freakin Raleigh cool".

2017 Leroica, I took Merz TW189 as I did this year. Also took my son and his 76? Raleigh Super Course and while he didn't do the big ride with me as I should have made happen, we did take it to the concourse and leaned it against a tree at the outskirts.

It got more attention than the Merz all day long.

At the motel, they were both leaning against the wall outside, almost everybody stopped to look at it, half didn't even comment on the Merz.

Here's a pic of Merz with the Merz

And the SC that we rebuilt from the frame up with him doing much of the hands on for the first time.