Old 12-01-22, 11:44 AM
AtNjineer
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Brake lever is not the issue, that is an easy swap if needed it is more the arms usually need a place to mount and not having mounted a roller brake arm (I have worked on a couple bikes with it but really didn't have to mess with brakes) I personally am not sure if they are the same or not and some frames can be particular.

The whole reason it was called Repack was because they repacked the hubs with grease after cooking it all out on a run. A roller brake possibly would be a little less heated but I don't know by how much if any. The shop I started wrenching at we rarely saw roller brakes and didn't sell anything with them and now I am at a higher volume shop but I am doing less wrenching except on special projects and oddball stuff but we are generally using discs or rim brakes so I just never get a chance to work on them and am so busy with other stuff I wouldn't have the chance if I wanted.
I know I’ve repacked plenty lol

i think the roller brake would see the majority of the heat. More than just a little because it’s literally applying its braking force in a totally different part of the wheel.

both mounting points are the same for them both Just one has a cable and one does not.
Likes For AtNjineer: