Old 07-22-16, 10:47 AM
Rob_E

Bikes: Downtube 8H, Surly Troll

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I would like to think you are right, but, I suspect that if I asked a question about gearing or brakes, or tenting, or how much food and so on but carelessly mention I was touring on an E-Bike, the thread would be cluttered up with statements like... You don't belong here go to the E-Bike forum, you are lazy, you are cheating, you are a fail and not bicycle touring because you are riding a moped... But in a forum/sticky called E-Bike touring all that would be avoided, I think...
What would also be avoided is all the actual, helpful responses from people who have experience with your particular issue but who don't ride an e-bike.

There's a lot of overlap in subject matter. If every overlap point becomes a new forum section, then eventually we'll all have our own, individualized subforums where we can shout our questions/comments into a vacuum.

If you need me, I'll be in the forum for People Who Commute on Touring Bikes But Also Sometimes Tour And Do Bike Camping And Have Dynamo Hubs For Lighting That Are Also Sometimes Used As A Phone Charger And The Bike Has an IGH And Also Sometimes Rides A Folding Bike And Sort Of Live Car Free. I share that subforum with two other people. It's very quiet. When I replace my trailer, I'll get to move into the sub-sub-sub forum that has a Utility component, and then I'll have the place to myself.