Old 03-29-22, 07:34 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
No doubt shipping ebikes in containers are costing more these days, along with the time frame of container processing from China through US ports.
Luckily, I bought my cargo ebike in OCT/NOV 2020, just before the pandemic, delivery was made in FEB 2021.
US dependency of cheap goods from China is not going to change significantly in the near future.
Decades of importing cheap goods from China is finally come to reveal the issues.
Unless US is willing to restart its manufacturing might, ignore the consequences of environmental impact of mass manufacturing and pay fair living labor wages;
even then, the prices for goods are still going to be far more expensive than Chinese import.
You can say that you don't deal with China, but plenty of things in your household still are made in China, depended on Chinese manufactured parts or raw materials;
even if they have a "Made in the USA" label.
Personally, I buy what's available at less costly prices that suits my purpose; regardless where it is made, or where it is from.
These ebikes really are not that complicated, electronically & mechanically, and the parameters that I use these ebikes are not extremely demanding.
Even when issues occur, I can usually fix thing myself or not have to depend on US suppliers to get stuff working again.
The wonderful thing about the internet: you can learn how to fix just about anything yourself; with proper tools & spare parts.