View Single Post
Old 11-09-21, 03:13 PM
Fastfingaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
I haven't mentioned it here on the forum but it's not exactly a secret in real life that I have been working on obtaining a Rodriguez Bandito SL. I added the "SL" to the model name so that I could say it means "Stupid Light" as I fully intend to blow right past R&E's website posted "verified" weight with this build. My actual goal is a UCI illegal (sub 15lb) steel framed disc all-road bike.

As I was researching & buying parts from the usual weight weenie favorites, I started noticing the real weight weenie options started having weight limits. Emails with the part manufacturers were coming back with the same response: "Yes you are at spec...You want the reinforced option. We'd be happy to build a special 1-off just for you."

"Well, carp," I though to myself realizing I was teetering right back into Clyde territory after many years happily in the safe zone. I guess the COVID-"19 (pounds)" everyone complains of & a healthy dose of complacency finally nabbed me too.

So I took the hint. I took a step, did what had to be done, buckled down, & did the right thing by removing the weight of 1 bicycle from myself so that I could in good conscience enjoy the bicycle I am building.

With the set up out of the way: How many of you here have taken weight-weenieism to such an extreme that you actually took the step to remove some weight from yourself, too?
I understand your question and also your frustration but no, I have medical problems but Weight Weenisium is not one of them ,,,,

Last edited by Fastfingaz; 11-09-21 at 05:40 PM.