View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 03:27 PM
alceryes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanks for your replies everyone! My main issue with buying used is that I only know some very basics about bicycles. I'm concerned that I may buy into a bike that's got an issue and I won't know it until it's too late. Some deals on ebay/craigs/offerup look tempting but I hate buying other peoples problems, if you know what I mean. If I had the knowledge some of you have I'd feel more confident navigating the Specializeds, Treks, and Cannondales on auction.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the one I posted. Several unboxing reviews I've seen show the bike almost completely assembled out of the box. I'm pretty good with putting things together (yes, I DO read instructions ) and I'm getting it shipped in box directly to my place.
I'm looking forward to putting it together and adjusting things like the brake, shifter, etc. The biggest draw to picking this one up compared to hunting on auctions is the no-hassle return. As long as I don't mess it up, I've got 90 days to test and decide if it's right for me.
Likes For alceryes: