Old 07-02-22, 10:14 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4731 Post(s)
Liked 3,832 Times in 2,492 Posts
Originally Posted by roadcrankr
Another endorsement of the Halo here. Been using for more than ten years.
Sometimes tuck a spare in my jersey pocket to swap out midride.
Keep these washed - like every couple rides - and routinely wash your helmet, as well.
The only downside is the indentation it leaves on my forehead for up to an hour. lol
I get headaches from that indentation so I flip the cap around. Fortunately I don't sweat tons.

Two tricks to eye comfort on hot and humid days - Aloe Gator Gel sunscreen which doesn't run at all and a low salt diet. Eat little enough salt and you don't put salt in your sweat. That sweat in your eyes doesn't sting. (This isn't a short term solution. You have to start the low salt many months before those hot days or you simply keel over from sodium depletion. It is also virtually impossible in the US eating standard foods. I did it as a racer 45 years ago with a very careful diet and virtually no processed foods. This doesn't work for potassium so you still have to eat those bananas.)

Edit: That Aloe Gator Gel - I've applied it on my eyelids and all around my eyes. Only ride issue - remember to be careful rubbing those eyes! But with that and good sunglasses (not wraparound riding glasses) my eyes and area around feel like they haven't even seen the high summer sun.

Last edited by 79pmooney; 07-02-22 at 10:19 AM.