Old 08-23-22, 02:48 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked 5,636 Times in 2,920 Posts
Interesting reading. Have been twice vaccinated and twice boosted and avoided the bug, as well as international travel, for two years. Decided it was time to get out in the world again and flew masked to Norway. Their daily infection rate is 2 per 100,00. Sounded pretty safe. We flew masked up above the arctic circle to some beautiful fjords and islands. Virtually no one ☝️ n Norway was wearing a mask anywhere. We decided to drop our guard and forego masks on the flights back (prop-jets). After loading there were two preteens directly behind us. One had a horrible loose cough. My wife and I looked at one another and grabbed our masks. Three days later we both tested positive. That was in week one of a three week trip including Ireland where we are now driving ourselves around, eating outside, in the car, or in our rooms. My wife got Paxlovid before the trip which she just finished her full course. I am without and taking all sorts of drugs to suppress symptoms.

my symptoms are typical, low fever, congestion, cough and low energy. The usual mental fog I get with a standard cold I have now, which isn’t exactly helping me drive a 5 speed Opel on the left side of the road through roads with no center lines that are typically 25% smaller than in the US.

should be home in another week and hope to be feeling better. On Paxlovid, my wife has already tested negative where my gray line only gets more dark. First world problems.

will report on recovery and cycling when back

wear your masks on planes!

Likes For rsbob: